Exercising is the best way to lose weight. Learn about the top 10 best exercises to lose weight.
Getting to a healthy weight is a combination of several factors. The key is to eat a balanced diet, spend fewer calories than you take in, and train regularly. We tell you which are the best fat-burning exercises.
A healthy and fit body is not achieved overnight but requires healthy habits and lifestyles that are implemented in our routine in a sustainable way.
If you haven’t gotten into that habit yet, here are some tips and tricks for finding that permanent lifestyle that will allow you to feel better about yourself.
Lose weight “that belly”
The path to real weight loss largely depends on the balance between calories consumed and calories expended.
Losing weight depends on our ability to maintain a continuous caloric deficit, which means: eating fewer calories than the body needs.
On the contrary, if we are consuming more calories than our body requires to function, we will gain weight.
In addition to controlling the consumption of calories, regular physical exercise ( cardiovascular and strength) greatly helps to lose weight. Diet and exercise are the two keys to losing weight and they go hand in hand.
- Plank + squat. Get into a plank with your arms outstretched and, jumping with your feet together, go into a squat. Then return to the starting position. Repeat for half a minute.
- Jumping squats. To give intensity to the squats, just jump up with your arms outstretched. As you land, lower into a squat, controlling the movement. Repeat for 30 seconds.
- Climber. In a plank position, bring your knees to your chest steadily, faster or slower depending on your level. Keep your core strong and your back straight. 30 seconds.
- Dynamic plank. Start in a low plank and raise your arms to a high plank. Come up with your arms outstretched and keep your hips from swaying. Squeeze your belly. Repeat.
- Jumping jacks. Standing up, slightly bend your knees, and jump with your legs apart. At the same time, he reaches his arms toward the ceiling. Go back to the start. Repeat for 30 seconds.
- Burpees. Lower your body into a squat, put your hands in front of your feet, and jump back to land in a plank position. Go back forward and jump up into the air. Repeat.
- Skater. With the right foot, he crosses the left leg behind and to the right. He then jumps to the left and repeats the move to the other side. Repeat for 30 seconds.
- Plank + jump. In a plank position, jump with your legs open and then bring them back together at a fast pace. Repeat for 30 seconds.
- Raise knees. Standing, lift your left knee toward your chest. Then go right up quickly. Alternate knees and move your arms to the beat, for 30 seconds.
- Lunges + jump. Step forward until your back knee touches the ground. Jump up and bring your back foot forward and your front foot back. Repeat for 30 seconds.
Diet and exercise
Weight loss largely depends on the balance between the calories you consume and the calories you expend.
Thus, a calorie deficit is the most effective method of losing weight, and diet is the biggest contributing factor.
Vegetables daily. Eat fruits and vegetables every day. They are good for your health and are rich in fiber, which reduces appetite and improves intestinal transit.
Quality carbohydrates. Do not eliminate this food group from your diet. Consume them in the morning and/or before exercising. And always choose the integral version.
Satisfying snacks. Have healthy snacks on hand. For example, fresh fruit, natural dairy products without sugar, nuts, oatmeal… Thus, you will avoid foods rich in sugars and trans fats.
Proteins. Include protein-rich foods in your main meals. Meat, eggs, fish, or legumes are good sources and will make you feel full.
Make a menu. Prepare a healthy weekly or monthly menu. This planning will help you follow a balanced diet and you will avoid having to improvise.
Train yourself. Doing physical exercise is important to achieve an efficient metabolism and burn more.
As you can see, to achieve a healthy weight you have to move ( the more the better ), keep your metabolism as high as possible (to burn more), and expend more energy than you consume.