Sweet Gymnastics is a gym for the entire family. We are a gymnastics and dance destination for kids and adults. Learn more about it in this article.
This gentle discipline is based on stretching and low-impact exercises, in order to improve the well-being of the body and mind. Helps reduce stress and strengthen muscles. But it does so respecting its own limits. Therefore, it is suitable for everyone.
Sweet gymnastics is a comprehensive discipline, based on exercises that seek to improve the body and relax the mind.
However, just because it’s called ‘sweet’ doesn’t mean it’s not effective.
It is about exercising “in another way”, without crushing yourself, putting the needs of your own body at the center and not your sporting goals.
what is sweet gymnastics?
Sweet gymnastics is a discipline of physical exercise that seeks general well-being.
It is a method created by Roberta Cavicchioli, a dancer and physical education teacher, from the fusion of pilates with dance and other techniques.
It is based on gentle exercises, not at all aggressive, in order to improve joint mobility, elasticity, and agility so that the person improves their quality of life.
Likewise, with its practice, other benefits are obtained for the mind, such as reducing stress or calming anxiety.
Although it shares objectives with yoga, pilates, and tai chi, its technique is different.
Sweet gymnastics focuses on low-impact exercises, movements with little weight that occur at a calm pace. Thus, attention is focused on posture or breathing.
What is sweet gymnastics for?
Sweet gymnastics helps to improve the state of the body and mind:
- Tones the muscles. Although it works the whole body, it is more noticeable in the lower back, abdominal waist, legs, and buttocks, which can help prevent back pain.
- Improve posture. The muscular reinforcement of the central area of the body, the ass, and the legs is what helps to adopt a good posture.
- Work flexibility. It proposes stretches that help improve elasticity and undo possible muscle contractures.
- Improves body awareness. It takes into account proprioception, that is, the awareness of how our body is and what place it occupies in space.
- Prevents osteoporosis. It includes exercises without impact, so it is not an aggressive activity for the bones and muscles. It can help delay osteoporosis.
- Strengthens the heart. It proposes functional exercises such as squats or irons, which accelerate the heart rate and improve the functioning of the heart.
- Calm the mind. It requires a lot of awareness in posture and technique, so the mind is focused on the ‘here’ and ‘now’ and is free from “noise”.
- Improve sleep. The mind escapes from problems and the body relaxes. In this way, rest is favored when the difficulty of sleeping is linked to stress.
- Promotes concentration. The attention and precision with which you have to carry out the exercises enhance concentration.
- Cheer up. All of the above contributes to improving mood and making us feel more full of energy and vitality.
sweet gymnastics exercises
Do three sets of 10 repetitions of each of these exercises and complement them with stretching at the end.
Squat. Standing with your legs hip-width apart, lower yourself down with your back straight, bending your knees until they form a 90º angle. If you have trouble, do it against the wall.
Stride. She starts with one leg forward and the other back, reaching for the ground with this knee. Keep your chest up. Get up and change the position of the legs.
Iron. Lie on your stomach and support your forearms and the balls of your feet. Stand with your back straight and your navel tucked in. The elbows should be in line with the shoulders.
As you can see, sweet gymnastics is affordable for everyone, because it adapts to all ages and conditions. It can be practiced even by pregnant women and elderly people. To practice it, it is only necessary to wear comfortable sports clothing that allows movement.
If you want to get started in this type of gymnastics, the ideal is that you consult with a monitor, who can correct your posture and guide you in performing the exercises. Later, once you have acquired a good technique, it can be done at home.